EMIRATES LIVING Buying Guide
1. Purpose to buy: Before you begin you will have to decide on your investment plan. Are you looking to buy as an investment to rent and gain capital appreciation or to live in the property and build equity.
2. Type of property & suitable area: You will have to decide what type of property suits you. A villa or a flat or if it is an investment may be a commercial property. There are many areas in Dubai to choose from but only you know what suits yours and your families needs. You may want to be close to your place of work or downtown or children school or a train station.
3. Registering your interest with us: The next step to finding the right property is to register with us either by calling us on 04 395 1212 or visiting us at our office where you can discuss your property requirements with one of our agents. You can also register your interest online if you are short of time.
4. Workout finances: Before you begin your property search, it is advisable to arrange your finances and, if required, have a mortgage agreed in principle. This will confirm how much money you will have to fund the purchase, which will ultimately influence your property search. Our recommended mortgage broker, John Charcol Middle East has access to the entire market, as well as exclusive deals and rates to help find you the best mortgage available.
5. Finding the right property: Once we have a clear understanding of your requirements you will receive a selection of properties that match your criteria. We can also keep you constantly up-to-date via email and SMS alerts when the latest properties become available.
6. Arranging viewings: We're open at times to suit you, convenient for viewing after work and at weekends. If needed we will chauffeur you to your viewings ensuring you arrive in a relaxed frame of mind and accompany you throughout so that we are on hand to answer any questions immediately and advise where necessary.
7. Make an offer: Once you have identified a suitable property, we can advise you on making an offer on the property. We may be aware of a situation where seller wants to encash his investment and we will be able to get a great deal.
8. Agreeing to buy: Once your offer is accepted by the seller and you wish to proceed, we will prepare a draft agreement to sale as per RERA regulations.
9. Agreement & deposit: You can appoint a solicitor to act on your behalf even though it is not a legal requirement. You can show draft agreement to sale to your solicitors. Once all the parties agree, we sign the agreement to sell and you pay a deposit to be kept in our Escrow.
10. Transfer of ownership: Final stage in buying process is transfer of title deed from seller to the buyer. This happens in Dubai Land department. Your agent will inform you about the transfer fees to be payable at Dubai Lands Department. Congratulations, you are now the legal owner of your property.
MOVING CHECK LIST
You can follow the below steps to move into a new home.
Final step - Moving-out day